7/1/13

Budget Patio Decorating


     Happy first of July friends. Summer as usual seems to be flying by.  With the 4th just a few days away I wanted to share with you our patio.  We have a small covered front porch that DH and I use more frequently.  But our patio still gets it share of use.
As I was tidying it up yesterday I realized that everything out here has been re-done from it's original state.  Our picnic table was the sorriest of things and looked ready for the fire-pit. A couple of years ago, DH tore it apart and made it like new again.  To see that post click here.
I was going to set a complete table out here but my 2 year old grand-daughter thought we were playing kitchen and restaurant so I just set out my burlap place mats with jean pockets that I made a few years back.  


Another angle.  DH drilled a hole so that we could use an umbrella with our picnic table. 
I wonder if I can paint the umbrella too. It's only a few years old but the sun has faded it out quite a bit.
The chair was a gift from my daughter and I have it filled with petunias.
DH just finished the railing.  It too was old and the paint was chipping like crazy.
He tore the whole thing apart and made it like new again.
To see that post click here.
You can see that my clematis has just started to bloom.


I love petunias and I plant them quite frequently.
Here I have one of two old fashioned metal lawn chairs that I bought at an auction years ago.
I think I paid $20 for the two of them.  A few years ago DH gave them a new paint job.
To see how he did that click here.  
I have an old table covered with a patriotic tablecloth and ready to use for plates and as a place to set some snacks.
I made the patriotic pillow last summer after seeing them on Etsy.
No pattern necessary they really are quite easy.
The wrought iron set was purchased about 20 years ago.  They originally were black but last summer I spray painted them a cheery red. I made some simple cushions from outdoor fabric, a lot cheaper than buying them in the store.
To see more click here.


An old tea pot becomes a fun little planter.
Just drill some holes in the bottom for drainage.

Another view of the recently redone patio fencing.

I found this shelf at a garage sale for $5.  It was new from Home Goods and still had the tags on it.
Hubby used dry wall screws to anchor it to the stone, and now it's a handy little planter.

Over here you can see my other old patio chair painted a dark blue.
And the other side of the  patio fencing that DH recently re-did.

An old deep metal pan becomes a funky planter with just a few holes drilled in the bottom.


I bought this old coffee pot at an auction and it's become one of my favorite planters.


A view from our picnic table.

Thanks for stopping by, I sure would love to hear from you.
Cindy

I am joining the following fun blog parties.
Tweak it Tuesday @ Cozy Little House
Tutorials and Tips @ Stone Gable
Inspire Me Tuesday @ A Stroll thru Life

32 comments:

  1. Lovely, Cindy! I remember when some of those projects were done! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a lovely place to eat.
    Husband did actually paint our umbrella a few years ago. When I saw him, I thought he was crazy, but it turned out all right. It is green, and he used the green wood stain I had bought for the fences.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoy all your creativity with planting vessels. The speckled enamelware is especially cute. I planted a clematis this year and I'm hoping it takes off. Wave petunias always look so pretty dressed up in chairs. Your sprayed furniture is wonderful-the red looks great. Looks like your ready for a great 4th.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. A pretty place to picnic and relax. Your flowers are beautiful.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Cindy, I love your patio and the pretty patriotic colors. Looking good. Hope you have a super 4th. Thanks also for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  6. It all looks so beautiful, Cindy! I have always loved your use of red on your porch and patio and that rock wall is a perfect backdrop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Cindy, What a wonderful patio you have. I love all the special touches you've done and it is so patriotic. I would love some of your pieces-they are just perfect. Thanks for sharing with us.
    Hugs, Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cindy-Your patio looks just great. I love everything you have done out there and it looks like a great place to relax and have fun. I hope you have a wonderful 4th with that sweet little girl of yours- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything is so cute and what a great view you have! Love the picnic table and the pillow that you made - just gorgeous!

    Your patio looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything looks so ready for the 4th of July! How did you do that? Lovely. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love everything ! Happy 4th of July !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your patio looks so inviting, Cindy. Your husband is so "handy." What a blessing that is! Happy 4th of July, Cindy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank-you Unknown,
    And Happy 4th of July to you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  14. you have such a beautiful place Cindy...I know you enjoy it so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have THE most beautiful patio! I love all the bursts of colors, and that patriotic pillow is simply adorable!
    Oh Cindy, someday you and I are going to sit out on that patio and visit till the cows come home. :)
    But here is Phoenix, ya, we won't be venturing outside till October! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a happy happy patio. I could sit there forever admiring all the beauty. Here it is almost the 4th and haven't done a thing as far a decorating for the holiday. :-( Too many irons in the fire so to speak, have a great one. fondly ~lynne~

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am a big fan of your red shutters and outdoor furniture. RED is my favorite color. Nice plantings and I love your pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh how completely adorable. Lets hear it for the red, white and whoooo hoooo! I love the jean pocket placemats.

    Happy fourth of July!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great patio! i love the place mats with the jean pocket...what a cute idea...and all your planters...wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. MMMMM SO AMAZING pics:) your blog Is really great.

    Check out my new post and have a great weekend dear:)

    LOVE Maria from inredningsvis.se
    (Sweden)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Soooo sweet and welcoming. I love the red of course and I'd take a BBQ invite any day!

    We have the same fading on our umbrella. I want a new one but Steve says there isn't anything wrong with it so why replace it. I know he is right but I'm so drawn to the bright color of newness.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Cindy, your patio screams summer fun! The bright colors are so refreshing. I remember that picnic table "before". Your Dan is such a handy guy. The new fence is wonderful, and I love the painted metal chairs. You make me want to paint my black iron pieces red. Your patio looks cleaner than the inside of our house! And what a wonderful view to enjoy. Your placemats with jean pockets are so fun. I bet you could paint the umbrella. Our umbrellas are really faded too, but I'm not sure I want to take on that task. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  23. HI Cindy! Oh, all of your outside spaces are so pretty! I adore your patio and the red set is so sweet! I guessed I missed that darling pillow last year - it's so cute! Thanks for popping in to see me.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh that looks so pretty! Love the placemats and those chairs are classics. I wish I had a few:) Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  25. How can you not smile when you are out enjoying your patio? It is terrific! I love all the color and I always like a simple, old fashioned wooden picnic table - it just says summer to me. Did you get your plates at Wal Mart? I just picked up some of the same for our 4th of July gathering - I thought they were so pretty for being plastic & all. I figured by the time I purchased fancy, schmancy paper plates I would have come close to paying almost the same for plates I can reuse! Love them! Have a great weekend!!! Jane

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love your patio! It's so welcoming. All I would need is a tall glass of ice tea and I'd be good to go. Good job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love your patio, it is so pretty. I am thrilled you linked up. Hope your weather cools a little too. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love your patio, especially the wrought iron furniture! New follower here!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your patio is beautiful...I love the red, it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love all the clever things that you have done and used for planters etc! :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your patio looks great! So colorful and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Teapot with flowers . . . giant hand . . . chair with petunias - these are but a few of the things I love in your beautifully decorated space.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome,
I would love to hear from you. Come back and visit anytime. Warmest Wishes, Cindy