4/7/14

Sewing the party dress times 3.

Hi friends,
I am kind of excited to share with you what I've been up to the  
past two weeks.  In order for me to get through these past few weeks of winter, I needed to
find a project that would remind me of spring.
And along comes the party dress, a free pattern by the Cottage Mama and I was sold.
I was pretty sure it would make the perfect Easter Dress.

I needed to put my thinking cap on though.  The bodice is lined
and the skirt is quite full.  But after struggling a bit with the first
dress I made, the next two went together much more quickly.

This is the first one I made.  The fabric line is tutti frutti, and I think the name is fitting don't you?
 One of these dresses is heading to my little Arizona grand--daughter.




A bit of the messy hair, it was getting towards bedtime and she had been playing hard.
However in between some bed jumping, she was a sweet little model.

 A back view.  The skirt is quite full and it has a lovely sash perfect for bow
making.  I found the flower buttons at Jo-Anne's and thought they went
perfectly with the dress!


And this last number I made for a good friends new little grand-daughter.
The size is six months and it was so tiny compared to the size 3 and 4 I made
for my own grand-daughters.

I made it so she could wear it with or without a sash, giving her the option for
two different looks.

And I added covered buttons, a first for me.
I sure hope she likes it!
 Finally.. we have had some beautiful spring days.
Most of the snow is gone, just a little bit in the shady areas near the woods.
And soon I hope to be doing another kind of sowing.
Take care and think spring my friends!

Cindy

Joining:
Met. Monday  Between Naps on the Porch

19 comments:

  1. You did a wonderful job and all three dresses are just darling. Love the fabric choices and how cute is that one with the covered buttons? DARLING!!!! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how cute are these Cindy. The girls will look so pretty in all of them. I love the fabrics too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cindy! Oh, what darling little dresses! You have done a beautiful job and they just fit the little darlings perfectly!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are adorable! And so is the model. :D Your friend will love the dress.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You made those darling little dresses?! They're so beautiful. You're a wonderful seamstress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cindy, what little girl wouldn't feel special in one of these darling dresses? Your model looks like she is enjoying it. '-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. now those dresses say spring...she is so grown up...a beautiful little model...

    ReplyDelete
  8. That pattern is precious and the fabric you chose is perfect.

    I have not made clothes in years - used to make all of mine. I need a granddaughter so I can make little dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the dresses, Cindy! Great job! You have darling little granddaughters too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cindy, these are so pretty! Love all of the fabrics you used and those flower buttons are so cute with that fabric. Of course, you have the perfect little model, and the way she poses is so professional! She looks precious in those dresses. I'm sure the tiny gift dress will be a hit with the grandmother and the new mother. I love the way you gave her two dresses in one! You could go into business selling these creations. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Cindy, Those dresses are so cute and so is your little model! I actually love the photo with the wild hair and the adorable pose--it really shows what a darling and energetic little one you have there! I do get nervous about the jumping on the bed. When Charlotte was little she fell doing that and the 30 stitches across the bridge of her nose have left a little scar, which only bothers me! :) Spring is finally here, I think, at least during the day! I hope it comes to you soon, too. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would be dressing up that darling doll all the time too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well I don't sew at all, so I am in awe of your talent! I also just love girly things and they are darling and the sashes just make them so perfect! I sooooo want a little girl to dress up and play with. Hopefully my daughter won't make me wait too long and I will get at least one "pink" grandbaby!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my heavens, those little dresses are gorgeous! Awww, what a precious little model, she's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  15. As I have told you before, Cindy, you are very talented! I love both of the fabrics and they were perfect for Easter and will be nice for summer also. I can see your name in lights! "Cindy's Boutique". :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Cindy...when did she lose her baby fat and turn into a little girl instead of a toddler???
    The dresses are wonderful and your choice of fabric's is just as wonderful. What a great job you did. She looks so cute in them.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Cindy! You know how I adore your sewing skills and these little dresses are just adorable! How sweet Addison looks and so special that grandma made it. Thanks for popping in to see me and I always cherish your comments.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;0

    ReplyDelete
  18. What adorable little dresses! I love the tutti fruiti one! You did a beautiful job!
    Patti

    ReplyDelete

Welcome,
I would love to hear from you. Come back and visit anytime. Warmest Wishes, Cindy