1/24/13

I'm Here...Hello!



I'm here it's just been so cold and so hard to get to sit down and write a post!
And don't let that innocent looking face above fool you.


He and some of his partners in crime have managed to knock down, mangle and eat nearly all the birdseed and feeders I have set out.
Naughty deer...naughty!


Last weekend we celebrated a late Christmas and my Mom's birthday.  She is pictured here at her Golden Wedding
Anniversary party with some of her grand-daughters.  Even though this pic is 6 years old, I still love it.
My Mom had a stroke shortly before Christmas.
A lot of my time has been filled with helping my Mom on the road to recovery.
She has improved a great deal however her vision is still an issue and she can't drive because of it.
That is making her most unhappy as you can imagine.


Every year we head to a water park to celebrate Christmas with my very large family.
We started this 11 years ago and it has become our tradition.
We used to try for December but with so many schedules that just wasn't working.  We now go on my Mom's birthday weekend and it's a much better fit.
Above hubby lifting little Addison to play water basketball.


And here.  I don't know what they were looking at but I was struck by how much their expressions were alike!


And while we are freezing our butts off here with Artic temperatures dipping down to minus 20.
Little Calista was warm and toasty in sunny Arizona.
 Outside happily swinging away with her Daddy the other day.
Temps there are in the 70's to about 80.
Boy is it calling my name!!

Off to visit some of you later today.
First I need to check on my Mom.
Best Wishes,
Cindy

17 comments:

  1. It's funny how different everyone's weather is... Love that photo of your hubby and granddaughter...stay warm friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea of going somewhere warm for a family Christmas. Hope your mom gets better soon. Wish you were here, it really is super weather. Love you tons. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, the deer are hungry too. Hehehehe

    You know me - - - I'll take this arctic weather ANY DAY this time of year OVER hot Arizona. Any. Day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the family pic and ones of snow! prayers for you and your Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just remember, when we're suffering through 115 degree heat, you will be basking in lovely 80 degrees. ha!
    What a wonderful family tradition!
    And I will continue to keep your Mom in my prayers. Nothing worse than loosing the ability to see and drive. Ok, there are worse things, but I'm still so sad for her.
    And praying for you Cindy, that you have the stamina to care for both your Mom and granddaughter. Lots on your plate for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these pics, Cindy! I hope your mom is doing better. Being a caregiver takes a lot of love and energy...you have a warm heart. Hang in there with the weather, spring always comes! ;-D

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Take care of yourself while taking care of your Mother and Granddaughter. Great pics - thanks for sharing them with us. Deer can be very destructive.
    Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sorry to hear about your mom, but so glad to know that she is recovering. After watching my mom after hers...never being able to move or speak for the weeks before she died, I know how scary this must have been for her and for you. What a blessing that things are coming back for her. Your babies are both darling and growing so fast!! It is cold here too...they are calling for ice on Sunday...I don't like this time of year at all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Cindy, The deer are beautiful but I can see how they can also frustrate you. You look a lot like your mom! You're both beautiful ladies! Addison and Calista are adorable; hope you are able to schedule an Arizona getaway this winter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so sorry to hear about your Mom. I know how tough that is on her AND you. I can't believe how big Addison is getting. Those kids are all adorable. Blessings to you and prayers for your Mom- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  11. Naughty little deers, but so cute! Love the pic with your mom...and the one of the darling sitting in her crib with a book, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, Cindy. I can't imagine living in those temps.
    Cute family photos........Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  13. I sure wish all the best for your mom's full recovery.
    D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Cindy! Oh, the deer are sure pretty but little boogers. Wow, it's cold at your house. I pray your mother will get her sight back and recover soon.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cindy, those photos of the deer are amazing! Look like they came out of a Nat'l Geographic magazine. I can't believe you see them in your backyard so much. Sorry about the bird feeders though. That picture of your little Calista reading a book is just precious. both of your granddaughters are adorable. I hope your mother's eyesight improves soon. I have her on my prayer list. Did you notice, on my winter tablescape, the salt and pepper are sitting on top of that pretty snowflake ornament I won from your blog? Have a great weekend. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh those deer! The image of the wee one reading the book captured my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The photo of your mom with the great grandkids is just precious. Your grandkids are beautiful! All I can say is I am not there in the cold, lol. It has been in the 70's here for almost a week now. I wonder if it is still going to get cold cause it's not even Feb yet....Christine

    ReplyDelete

Welcome,
I would love to hear from you. Come back and visit anytime. Warmest Wishes, Cindy