5/10/09

Double Post/ Tablescape /Thrifty Thursdays or the RED,WHITE AND BLUE








Hi All! Tonight's a two-fer! Please visit these ladies beautiful blogs when you are finished here for some really cool posts! Thanks to Susan and Leigh for being our hostesses. Last Friday I attended one of those Mega all city garage sales and there were some great deals! This was my first time at this humongous sale but it won't be my last!




Hubby was sweet to get me roses for Mother's Day so I am using them for my centerpiece. The red napkins and red place mats are from the dollar tree. I'm loving red more and more these days. If you want to see a really outstanding red dining room head on over to Chari's. Chari is just the neatest gal and such a great friend. Her beautiful blog is one you don't want to miss @ http://happytodesign.blogspot.com/ She also hosts a blog party on Sunday that is so much fun.








I found this cup and silverware at the garage sales, more on that later. I finally found some salt cellars. I didn't know what salt cellars were until I saw them on one of Laurie's tables@ http://bargainhuntingwithLaurie.blogspot.com/ I thought they were maybe just a southern thing! Thanks for educating me Laurie! If you haven't been to her blog your really missing out it's beautiful just like Laurie!







I found these plates on E-bay. I had originally bought one in a local antique shop for $10.00 and had it hanging on a wall. I really wanted more though and I found these for less than $4.00 a plate. They are called Liberty Blue and are staffordshire ironstone. They have all kinds of neat historical and colonial scenes. Now I'm in search for salad plates,cups etc. I also used some white ironstone that I found at the garage sales for chargers.












I found these cute little salad plates at the g. sale, I thought they worked well and since there were only 2 I used 2 of the white ironstone for the other settings.














Some of the cute little bowls I found.













And the best part is the silverware I found. More on that later.















A different view, looks like my candle is melting away.
















Now for some of my garage sale finds. This beautiful silverware set is 1847 Rogers Bros. 52 piece set from the 1950's. The pattern is daffodil. Now the big news, only $5.00 for the whole thing! They are so beautiful and similar sets on E-bay are selling for $100 or more.


















Another view.








































What a deal hey!





















I found these ironstone plates.






















The blue and white ones.























And these are from Blue Ridge Southern Potteries. They are quite old and in fairly good condition. I have been looking for some for quite some time. They were hand-painted during the 1930's,1940's, and early-1950's by the Mountain women of Tennessee. They are so Americana to me.
























All these beautiful dishes for only $13.00! Don't ya just love good garage sales! Have a wonderful week. Cindy

























No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome,
I would love to hear from you. Come back and visit anytime. Warmest Wishes, Cindy