2/28/09

SNOW SCENES AND AWARDS !


I received 2 blogging awards this past week, from 2 great blogging friends. Karen @ http://somedayarediamonds-karen.blogspot.com/ and Susan @ http://asoutherndaydreamer.blogspot.com/ Karen lives in Southern California and she would like to live where there is 4 seasons, specifically Colorado. She also wants snow, lots of it! I don't blame her on the 4 seasons but the snow, well I'm not so sure. We have snow and lot's of it so the pics below are for Karen and anyone else that likes snow! We had 4 more inches on Thursday, which was down from the 6-8" they predicted. I got caught driving home in it and it was coming fast and furious at 1-2 inches per hour and sideways to boot! I was about 50 miles from home and at one point I had no idea where I was on the road. I had gotten off the freeway and took the back roads to avoid total white outs from the passing semi's . To say the least, it was a bit harrowing however we're used to driving in it so I just took it easy.. Below are pics taken around my yard yesterday. Fresh new snow for Karen! LOL. My other award was from Susan at a southern day dreamer, she hosts the wonderful Outdoor Wednesday which is one of my faves and she is so gracious and sweet. Check out both of these ladies blogs, you will enjoy them. I would like to pass these awards on to anyone that follows my blog. All of you are just wonderful and I really enjoy your friendship. The awards are at the bottom of this post so please take one if you don't have it already and take my thanks for all your nice comments. Have a wonderful week-end. Cindy in cold and snowy Wisconsin. The Patio.


Side view of Applestone Cottage.



This is where our fire pit normally is. He He, who would know?




These are the big pines in the front of our yard. I do love these!





Patio Snow, I want Patio Flowers and Green!






Please take award.







. Please take award!








16 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Cynthia! It sure is cold there and here I was out raking leaves in a tank top yesterday and I just noticed our peach trees starting to bloom...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhh I can tell real well where your firepit is-lol. I think anyone from Wisconsin would be able to. We know where stuff is hiding under the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing that snow with us! I can't imagine living with all of that. It is fun for us when we get snow - I don't think we really understand what having a whole season of it would be like. On the other hand, a whole season of 90-100 degree days with high humidity is no picnic either! I always love seeing your house in all seasons! :D Jewel

    ReplyDelete
  4. GM Cindy, Girl you can keep the snow ...I have had my fill of it this year..just started raining this week so its melted off now YAHOO!! Girl I live in Ca. and we get this white stuff where I live..Hope you have a great weekend dear friend...hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are getting snow today, although it is nothing like what is on your deck! I would die to have those lovely fir trees. How beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The snow is soooo pretty to look at, but I really don't want to live in it. Beautiful pictures. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Cindy,
    I hear you about the snow. We are expecting a round of it tomorrow and into Monday. My husband is so tired of plowing and I'm tired of not being able to make plans due to weekly storms. I also know that when it is 95 degrees and humid I will complain about that too. Hugs, Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your pictures are pretty, but I'm glad it's not here, we were in the 80's this week, today it is in the 40's with a extremely cold wind blowing! Ready to go back to the 80's again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's always the people in the sunny warm places that want snow...those of us in the frozen north know better! We're supposed to get snow again tonight...I am so CRAVING SPRING!!! I want 4 seasons two...spring...post spring...summer...post summer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Cyndy, Congrats on your awards! I see you have survived our white-out! I had to drive in the brunt of it also. It sure cleaned and freshened things up around here. The only good thing about it is that it won't last long. I think we are in for 35+ degrees in the next few days!!!! ~ Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  11. WELL I LOVE IT AND I'LL TRADE YOU!!!! It is so clean and fresh. Yeah I know, the mud and slush comes later . .. but I still would love it. Thank you so much for the pictures!!! I think you were right Cindy, I am the only one who likes them! lol
    We just got home from Napa Valley where it was about 60 and here it is over 80 and it is after 6pm!!! What's up with this? I don't like it!! This is May weather! Not the last day of Feb!
    HAGE! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congats Cindy...you deserve them both!

    Look at all the snow!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  13. hey Cindy!

    The pics still look great even with all these snow..

    wishing you a great week ahead..

    hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cindy, congrats on your awards!!! What beautiful snow pictures. We had 6" this past w/k.. I hope to share those on Wed..lol.. it was so pretty "from the inside out"..
    Thanks so much for swinging by with your words of encouragement and your prayers..they mean the world.. hugs ~lynne~

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am from Los Angeles and I thought 4 seasons would be great! I love 3 of them. The 4th is the pits! I thought I would love snow! I don't like it at all! Tell your friend stay there! Snow sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely choice for today's Met Monday! Sorry for the late visit; too many errands... Thanks for the awards, they are lovely!

    Carolyn of What Now? Tablescapes

    ReplyDelete

Welcome,
I would love to hear from you. Come back and visit anytime. Warmest Wishes, Cindy