2/6/09

The Mushroom House and my cute little lamp bargains!

I thought I might share some of my recent little lamp bargains. I love looking for cute little lamps . The one above is my most recent purchase, the birdie on top was broken and so it was marked way down. Luckily, the bird was still there so I nabbed it and my hubby fixed the bird as good as new. $20 at TJ Maxx.
This little lamp is from IKEA. I loved the little shade with the little blue bird and embroidery. I think I paid $7 for the shade and $10 for the lamp.

And here she is sitting on top of a cute little table from IKEA. I have a thing for birds!
(in case you hadn't noticed)

This cute little toile lamp was bought at Home Goods for $10! It's in our blue bedroom.



While traveling through a small town last summer we came upon this lovely home. I call it the Mushroom house because the roof looks like a top of a mushroom to me This was one of the coolest most unusual homes I had ever stumbled upon.




And here is a back side view of that same home. I would have given my eye teeth that day to go inside that home. Alas, I was too chicken to ring the bell and ask for a tour. I hope everyone has a wonderful week-end and I look forward to reading all your wonderful blogs! Cindy





15 comments:

  1. Cindy, your new little lamps are soooo pretty. I love the embroidered shade. That mushroom house is the most unusual home I've ever seen. I'd love to see inside also. Thanks for the visit to my china cabinet post. I really appreciate the nice visit and kind remarks. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. your lamps are neat. what a cool idea to collect. enjoy your weekend, i hope you get some warmer temps like we are suppossed to get here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such a cute collection of lamps! And yes, I had noticed you like birds!!! LOL! That mushroom house is so unusual! You do have to wonder what the inside is like! :D Jewel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful lamps.... I think I want to stay in the blue room (wink)

    Have a great weekend!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the little bird lamp. My laundry room is done with a "bird" theme!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cindy, I love all of your new lamps. Of course, I love toile and birds and lamps, and needlework, so these were such fun for me to see. I bet a lot of people ring the doorbell at the "mushroom" house and ask for a tour, but I'm like you, I wouldn't feel comfortable doing that. It does look like a place I'd love to visit. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  7. The roof of the dream home looks like thatched grass ... I love it too! I have two smallish lamps in my bedroom with shades almost exactly like your lovely blue toile. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning Cindy.. you know I'm a lamp alcoholic right? Yepper.. I "love" lamps..my favorite is your toile shaded lamp. Not only was it a bargain, but just too cute for words as well.. You are always just the kindest with your comments. I'm glad you liked coming to see the Pink Teaset.. I hope you have a super w/k.. hugs ~lynne~

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your lamps! I too remember you from RMS! Thank you for your kind comments over at Laurie's! I'm so glad to catch up to another RMS'r! Beautiful blog! L~

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am IN LOVE with the darling blue bird lamp! And the blue toile lamp. I have just recently gotten addicted to lamps. I can't wait for garage sales to start!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a thing for birds here, too. I was just at Homegoods and they must have received a shipment of lamps recently they were all so cute! I wish I had a place for them all. That little birdhouse lamp is adorable! ~ Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Cindy...I love your lamps! You really found some good buys, too! Wow that mushroom house is unusual! I wonder if people do ring the bell and ask to see inside. I'd be curious, too! Hope you are having a great weekend...Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your lamp, Cindy! I thought the shade looked like IKEA. Don't you just love IKEA? And what a cool "mushroom" house!

    Thank you for stopping by and following Mimi's Garden. Have a perfect weekend...Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Cindy!
    That house does look like a mushroom house-it's so cool! Reminds me of houses in Carmel California! I love to drive around and look at real estate too. Imagine being the roofer who did that?

    Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!~Smiles~Tam!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi I just found your blog at Elizabeths. Your house is adorable, and the gardens just beautiful. I was shocked to see your bird lamp because it is just like mine but with a bird cage. Same finel same shade but on a cage. We have good taste!!! Pearl

    ReplyDelete

Welcome,
I would love to hear from you. Come back and visit anytime. Warmest Wishes, Cindy