1/17/09

My Sweet Gypsy Rose !!

I'm feeling a little sad right now. You see, I love the sport of figure skating. My daughter skated for 13 years and this is the first year that she isn't skating with our local skating club. She performed her senior solo last year at our annual ice show. Below is a pic from 2 years ago when she performed a duet with another member of our club. They skated to My Sweet Gypsy Rose and My daughter was Rose and the other gal was Tony Orlando. ( I even added the music here) With the US Figure Skating Championships coming up next weekend (We went last year, it was in St.Paul) and our local ice show in March I'm really missing it.

My daughter was a competitive skater too and that part or our lives was really fun, we traveled to competitions and she earned lots of trophies and medals. Thanks for letting me go down memory lane. Cindy


6 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your precious memories with us. She is beautiful.. I hope you're having a super w/k. hugs ~lynne~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cindy! I love to watch figure skating! Your daughter is a real cutie and it sounds like she is quite the skater. I know what you mean. My daughter decided to drop ballet when she got to toe shoes and I was also sad. She was really good, too! Oh well... have a great weekend...Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww I feel your pain girl! Your daughter is a beautiful and obviously talented girl. Looks like you two had a ton of fun with her skating events. I can see why you would miss it. I skated when I was young too, not in a competitive way. But it sure was fun! I did speed skating and figure skating. Your post brought back some fun memories-thank you! Have a wonderful weekend!~Smiles~Tam!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cindy, I love to watch figure skating! I know what you mean about missing it. Our daughter was a gymnast, and when she quit, I missed it a lot more than she did! Your daughter looks like such a beautiful girl. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found your blog on someone's favorite list and saw your post on skating. I am a skate mom too! My daughter stopped skating in 2006, after her second year as a coach. I miss it, too! You may have sparked a "memory walk" for me to post some of my favorite skate pictures of my daughter! You have a darling blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Memory Lane is a wonderful trip, when I keep on the better roads.

    It's those alleys and dirt roads with potholes I have to watch for. They are teachers...and of course, I don't want to learn too much too fast -grin!

    Thanks for nice family pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome,
I would love to hear from you. Come back and visit anytime. Warmest Wishes, Cindy