1/4/09

Mackinac Island and The Grand Hotel











Last June, after the hectic weeks of preparing for graduation and a party for 2 graduates my husband and I took a trip to Michigan's Upper Penisula, including Mackinac Island and of course the Grand Hotel. Mackinac Island is one of the most beautiful places to visit in this country. There are no motor vehicles allowed and you get there by taking a 15 minute ferry ride. The lilacs were still in bloom,in late June because of their lake climate. Oh--- it was so beautiful and should be on everyone's places to visit. Cindy




6 comments:

  1. Hi Cindy, so nice to meet you. Congrats to the graduates. The pictures look so nice with all the green grass and blue skies. I am soo getting over winter all ready and we haven't even had any real snow to speak of yet. Was 65 last night and 28 this morning. Thats MO for ya. Your house and your blog are both cute as a button. I joined your favorites list so it will list you on my blog.
    Shanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy, thanks so much for coming by my blog and for leaving such a kind comment and adding me to your blog list. Welcome to Blogland! I look forward to getting to know you better through your blog. Your blog looks great! I'll be adding you to my Blog list right away. I love Macinac Island. There just isn't another place like it. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures...and I love the picture of Cocoa on your side bar!! The blog looks really pretty. You've done a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful home you toured. I can only imagine the furnishings once they finish.. Love your blog....hugs ~lynne~

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you swung by the blog.. The wining of the spoon was wonderful.. but the win of a freindship is priceless. I hope you're having a super evening..hugs ~lynne~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a lovely trip! The Grand Hotel always reminds me of "Somewhere in Time" and the romance of that place. How nice to have visited there!

    Blessings,
    Lea

    ReplyDelete

Welcome,
I would love to hear from you. Come back and visit anytime. Warmest Wishes, Cindy