4/26/12

Magazine Challenge with tutorial


Hey friends,
I am joining Debbiedoos Blogging and Blabbing for her magazine challenge.
This is my inspirational project. 
For this project I used an old wooden picture frame, a vintage child's illustrated book and a button.
I also needed primer, paint, mat board, decoupage glue,spray mount adhesive, hot glue gun and ribbon.


The only items I purchased were the old frame, the book and mat.  I found the book and frame in a local antique store for a total of $8.  The matted frame was purchased at a discount store for a buck.




I found the project in this book which was on a freebie table at a garage sale a few years back.


And here is my copy-cat version!   I primed and spray painted the frame a sunny yellow.  Then I wiped on a bit of antique gold rub and buff and sanded lightly.


I used decoupage to adhere the verse's to the frame. I love this part of the project!
Here on top and....




And on the bottom of the frame as well.




I used spray adhesive to attach the illustration to the mat and then used my glue gun to attach it to the frame.




I had the ribbon and button on hand although I wish the ribbon had been of the wired variety.
I hot glued the button onto the bow and then hot glued the bow to the frame.
I have one more step and that is to spray a sealer but I want to allow it to dry a bit today.
And there you have my copy!
Total cost for me since I had so much on hand is $9.
I am hanging it in my Grand-daughter Addison's room (at our home) which is painted this aqua blue.  It appears darker in this pic than it really is.  I am still debating where to hang it so I just hung it on a wall for a quick pic.  I will take another pic when I get it all situated and post that too.


I really wanted to join Debbie for her challenge!
I am a wee bit behind as usual... since I have my hands full all day with a  very busy wee one!
Thanks for coming by to visit me.   My comment button moves around and nothing I do, and I mean nothing, ever changes it.  Usually its at the top of the post...sorry for any inconvenience.
Take Care,
Cindy
I am also joining...
Vintage Inspiration Friday @ Common Ground.
Show and Tell Friday @ My Romantic Home
The Charm of Home

22 comments:

  1. Oh sweetie, this is super marvelous. Wouldn't it be cool to do a little series outta the same book!!! What a treasure this is for Miss Addison.

    What a beautiful treasure she has in you!!! Lucky little lady!

    Have a perfectly blessed day sweetie!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Cindy, this is a perfect copy. I love it. What a great picture and so fun for Addison's room. Perfect. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is adorable Cindy. I absolute love it. Talk about think outside the box....YOU DID. What a treasure for Addison's room. Thanks so much for sharing the inspiration with the copy cat party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is darling, Cindy! I love this party...seeing what people come up with. I'm afraid I'm not all that creative but I may have a look at some of my mags today! Great job!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI Cindy! How sweet. You did a wonderful copycat job. Now which little grand gets it? :)
    Be a sweetie,
    shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cindy this is so cute! Wonderful copycat! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is very cute, Cindy! Great job!..Christine

    ReplyDelete
  8. It turned out very well. I sell old children's book, so I may copy your copy cat effort one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Girlfriend...

    I LOVE IT!!! You know, I love looking at the illustrations in the vintage children's books...they're always so cute! What a great way to display one of those! I love the illustration and quotes that you used. Love that you did the frame in yellow and that darling little yellow polka dotted bow just "makes it"!!! Really cute with the button! I just know that this pretty piece of art that you created is going to look so cute in Addison's room. Can't wait to see it on the wall!

    Thanks for sharing this neat craft project and tutorial. You did great, sweet friend!

    Love ya,
    Chari

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a cute project, cindy! love the cute bow in the corner:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cindy-What a cute project. I just love it and a nice tutorial, too. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cindy, Your picture is beautiful! Very creative. I think this is a really fun meme. I haven't played along yet but maybe next time.
    Hugs, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  13. How cute! You could sell these @ Seaside, FL and make a small fortune!

    Linking from Debbiedoos,
    Ricki Jill

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty, Cindy! I love that poem!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an adorable idea! It is just so sweet and your copy is terrific! Looks like a very fun project!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dear Cindy, I LOVE this! I want to make one of these. I'm going to pin this. Thanks for a fantastic idea. You rock! laurie

    ReplyDelete
  17. I forgot to tell you that I never look for your "comment" button. I click on the time posted at the bottom of your post, and it brings up the comment section. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's me AGAIN! I can't pin it. Do you have your blog set so pictures can't be pinned? Maybe my "pin it" button isn't working. I'll come back later to try again. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a cute idea! Love it! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  20. My dear and precious friend Cindy I have been up early this morning fasting and praying for many on this National Day of Prayer.

    I have prayed for you and yours and will continue to do so throughout the day.

    Praise God from whom all blessings flow.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome,
I would love to hear from you. Come back and visit anytime. Warmest Wishes, Cindy