9/24/10

We may have to build an Ark!!!



This is seriously scary everyone!  The picture above is how the river in the little town Dan and I live near looked yesterday. The Black River is a good size river that flows into the Mississippi.    Wednesday was a beautiful and sunny Autumn day but by late Wednesday evening we were being hit with a torrential downpour of rain.   
As of late Thursday evening we had  received over 7 inches of rain with 4.5 inches just overnight.
Area schools were being canceled and closed.  Roads are out everywhere.  Then last evening around 7:00 p.m. my very pregnant daughter called and said that she and her boyfriend were being told to evacuate their apartment.  The whole area around where they live were being told to pack up and be out by 10:00 p.m.
OK, at that point I felt like hyperventilating.  I seriously freaked out.  She is due to deliver any time and now they are being evacuated.  They decided to spend the night with her Boyfriend's brother and wife who live just outside of town.  They are safe but things look bad for today. 
The Black River rose from 38 ft. on Wednesday to 52 ft on Thursday at noon. 
They are forecasting the river will crest at over 60 ft. today, the second highest level on record.
We had a terrible flood in 1993.  We were on the National News for days.  The whole downtown and 90 homes nearby were under water. 
The little town my sister and husband live near ( Arcadia, Wis)  is about 40 miles from us and they had major flooding yesterday.
People's homes are underwater.  The National guard was called in.  Our Governor has declared a State of Emergency for the county we live in and the one my sister lives in.  Her home is outside of town and up high so they are safe.
Watch for us on the National news today.
It is really a scary situation.  
I will try to keep you updated.  I may not get around to visit everyone for awhile.
Cindy
  



21 comments:

  1. Cindy..I will spread the prayer news this morning!! I am soooo sorry for this and for your town. Keep us posted!!

    Hugs Cindy from Rick-Rack and Gingham

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! This is terrible. I will certainly keep you in my prayers. Please stay safe and ready to evacuate promptly should you need to. Take care, Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers goin' out right now sister for the safety of all involved and I pray a special little protection band around your sweet loved ones. Stay safe and don't take any chance girl.

    God bless and get those high water waders out!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH, Cindy!! I have goosebumps just reading this post. You know I will be praying for you and most of all your daughter and the baby.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been in my thoughts Cindy! Unbelievable!
    My Mom actually went to BRF yesterday during all that rain. Her sister Marion Millis was having a yard sale. Well of course it was a bust.
    Sure pray the worst in over and your daughter can go back to their home and rest up for the big event!
    Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was the first story I heard on the news this morning and my first thoughts were of you and your family. I came to see if you had posted anything as I wasn't exactly sure how close you were to the flooding. I will keep you all in my prayers. I'm sure you are nervous about your daughter, but hospitals have plans for these kinds of things...she will be fine. Hopefully, the water will go down before the baby gets here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is scary indeed! I will be praying!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry to hear about all of this. Hope your daughter stays close to a hospital and passable roads. Will include you and your family in my prayers.
    There are still areas of TN that have not recovered from the floods in May.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is seriously scary. I already said a prayer for you and your family (Katie in particular). I hope everything is O.K. and all are safe, and if an Ark is requireed I have a feeling you know a capable carpenter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've heard about how bad it is down there, some of our clients drove down our way yesterday. I will be praying for you also and your family

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooo Cindy! If there is something we can do, ship water or whatever, please let me know. I am praying for your community and for your daughter for a safe delivery.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my word Cindy, this is really scary. I so hope it stops and you guys don't have any flooding. Hope your daughter is ok too. Keep us posted. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yikes! I pray you and your family are OK. ~Ron

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my word, Cindy! I thought you were going to tell us she'd gone into labor or something. This may cause her to, being stressed so. You all take care of yourselves. Keep us updated.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Cindy, I hope everything will be ok. Keep us posted, I am worried...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  16. Darling I am praying for you and your family and the people who live in these places. I have been watching this on the weather channel. Be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  17. HOLY COW! OMG Cindy! I am saying lots of prayers that all will be well! And that your little grandchild STAYS PUT for now!
    Please keep us posted! Call if you need to chat!!!!
    BIG DRY HUGS! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Girlfriend...

    Just read your note...sorry, I've been a little under the weather. Ohhhh my gosh, Darlin'...I am sure praying for ya'll! I just pray that the Lord will hold back that river...and stop the rain! That is just sooo scary!!! I'm so glad that Katie moved so that she will still be close to the hospital! Sheesh...and isn't this just the way it goes? I just know that all will be well, my sweet friend! I'll check back with you later! Please do be careful!!!

    Love ya, Girlfriend...
    Chari

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! That came out of nowhere! I am so, so sorry. I pray that you and your family, especially your daughter and soon-to-be grandbaby will be safe. Let us hear from you when you can.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just saw the news!! Stay safe - keep daughter close to hospital.

    ReplyDelete
  21. so glad everything is better for you all...that is so scarey...

    ReplyDelete

Welcome,
I would love to hear from you. Come back and visit anytime. Warmest Wishes, Cindy